The master's and bachelor's theses are collected in the Aaltodoc publication archive via the eAge electronic service delivery system.
Instructions for submitting your thesis to the Aaltodoc database:
• Convert your thesis to PDF/A form. The work is archived as one document, please attach the abstract and the possible attachments as one document.
• If you wish, you can save the cover page as a separate file (png image file format).
• Login to eAge with Aalto username.
• Fill in the form in the Thesis information sheet and click Save.
• Add the PDF/A file of your thesis to the Thesis sheet.
• You can add the image file of the cover page on the sheet Thesis cover. The cover picture will be shown in the Aaltodoc publication archive together with the metadata of your thesis.
• In case the documentation of artistic component is not included in the appendices of the written component, please add the image and media appendices on the Image and Media Appendices sheet (acceptable file formats are listed in the eAge form)
• Submit your thesis by clicking Submit in the Case details sheet.
• Details can be found on the instructions tab of the eAge form for submitting the thesis.
eAge guidance: email@example.com
Aaltodoc guidance: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Aaltodoc publication archive serves as an e-repository of theses accepted at the Aalto University (more comprehensive from 2014). This database contains reference information, as well as abstracts and full text files published on the permission of the author.
The reference information of the older printed ARTS/ TaiK theses (prior 2019) can also be checked on Aalto-Primo website. The reference information for all theses of architecture (made either in ARTS or in TKK) can only be retrieved in Aaltodoc.
Older theses are kept in a closed archive of the Learning Centre.
All printed master’s theses by Aalto University School of Art, Design and Architecture will be transferred to the closed archive of the Learning Centre in stages during the spring 2022.
If the thesis you are looking for cannot be found on the second floor of the Learning Centre, you can request it by sending a message to email@example.com. Mention the title of the thesis, author’s name and publication year in the request. The material is available at the Learning Centre on the next working day after 12 noon, unless otherwise agreed. Theses cannot be borrowed.
Since 2020, all theses made at Aalto University have been published only in electronic form.
Dissertations of the Aalto University are published in the DOCTORAL DISSERTATIONS series.
The Aalto ARTS Books publishing house takes care for the publishing activities of the doctoral dissertations. The selling of the publications: Aalto ARTS Books online bookshop
It is preferable to publish the electronic version of the dissertation in Aaltodoc publication archive. Questions relating to the Aaltodoc, the electronic publishing and the electronic archiving of theses: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research projects and dissertations: Research Information Portal
Doctoral theses available for sale: Aalto ARTS Books